Ariston boiler, switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Newbie with a problem. I hope someone may be able to shed some light

I have an old Ariston boiler microcombi 23 mffi

1st after turning on the heating to constant it trips off after a couple of hours i.e. to the red light standby flashing, when the reset button is pressed it works again straight away

2nd In the shower (not electric) the boiler does the same thing after about 5 mins

For a while the overflow pipe has dripped and occasional the pressure drops and the boiler trips but is corrected when pressure is increased and boiler reset. Not sure if this is related

I have looked at other posts and the problems seem to be slightly different i.e. boiler doesn't start straight up again after reset.

Any help would be much appreciated

Is there a valve that deals with the gas supply?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The pressure relief valve ( not overflow ) dripping will probably mean that its sludged up and causing overheat. See the FAQs and search other threads. It needs to be fixed before it gets worse.

We dont give DIY advice on gas work on here!

Tony

The pressure relief valve ( not overflow ) dripping will probably mean that its sludged up and causing overheat. See the FAQs and search other threads. It needs to be fixed before it gets worse.

We dont give DIY advice on gas work on here!

Tony

Thanks Tony

I will call a friends engineer as I had no intention on messing around with it myself just really wanted to check it wasn't something simply like an adjustment I could do (silly I know).

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back