Armoured cable for outdoors work area.

There isn't one - but, if he didn't understand what it meant (despite 'being a NAPIT spark") he could/should have asked, shouldn't he (rather than 'going on' about something totally different)?

John - I spy another troll who claims only his way is the way!

Sponsored Links
Seemingly not, but he claims to be ...

There isn't one - but, if he didn't understand what it meant (despite 'being a NAPIT spark") he could/should have asked, shouldn't he (rather than 'going on' about something totally different)?

Kind Regards, John

with due respect I do know what a nvr is BUT you are brushing over my observation about having RCDs in series - there is no point as there is no guarantee as to which trips first

with due respect I do know what a nvr is BUT you are brushing over my observation about having RCDs in series - there is no point as there is no guarantee as to which trips first
With due respect I believe it is you who has not recognised what is being described.
Also if I were to be pedantic I'd not describe the use of 2 RCDs as being in series.

Sponsored Links
Good grief. I'm not brushing over anything. If you really did understand what NVR functionality means, you would also understand that, in relation to that, it doesn't matter a jot as to which one trips first.

( ...and don't forget that that NVR functionality will not only come into play as a result of one or both of the RCDs being tripped by residual current - it will come into play if anything (e.g. an MCB or a 'power cut'') removes the supply to an RCD socket)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back