Artificial Grass on Patio / Tiled area...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all...

I have a 6m x 5m area in my garden which was previously the floor of an old garage. Its rock solid concrete with a tiled top. The tiles are 20mm thick quarry type tiles. In the 4 years since the garage was torn down, the tiles have become cracked and broken up in places so I decided to rip them all up and lay new flags. Long story short, half way through, the wife decides artificial grass is the way to go. Rather than continue to rip up all the remaining tiles (which is taking forever), I thought an option might be to fill the area where I have ripped up tiles with sand so that the whole area is level again and then drop the artificial grass straight on.

Question - would the grass sag where the (compacted) sand has been used to fill the area where the tiles have been removed?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back