Asbbestos/cement fibre garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My 1950s house has an attatched garage with a asbestos/cement fibre type roof, popular at the time of build. It is now near the end of its life and has started to leak.

What is the best replacement for this type of roof. Are non asbestos cement fibre sheets available (I can't find any on the internet) if so how much do they cost. I have only been able to find steel replacements but as my utility area is at the rear of the garage it might be a little noisy when it rains.

If anybody has any other ideas I'd be happy to hear them

AND YES I AM AWARE OF THE DANGERS OF ASBESTOS AND HAVE BEEN VISITED BY A COUNCIL SURVEYOR.

Sponsored Links
Its a low pitch, the current panels are about 6x4 ft.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
garyclay said:
What is the best replacement for this type of roof. Are non asbestos cement fibre sheets available (I can't find any on the internet) if so how much do they cost. I have only been able to find steel replacements but as my utility area is at the rear of the garage it might be a little noisy when it rains.
A pitch roof tiles is the best if possible. You can get 50mm insulated metal sheeting for reducing rain noise. I have fitted this on my summerhouse, see this, but from 12 degree onward. The other is bitumen felted roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back