Astronomy. Should be in new forum.

Jupiter and Venus are looking awesome together in the early evening sky... almost before the Sun has gone down.... anyone know how close they get?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Susiejb wrote:

Someone did ask a question recently about the planets in the word games/books/everything else section and I found a site for them called earthsky.com which had some quite good info but it does seem rather plagued with adverts....so I have now found a better site called astronomycentral.co.uk lots of info on there.

That was me. Thanks for the new website Susie. It is much better. :D

Anyone interested in in it? This should be in the new hobbies forum but it hasn't materialised.:evil: So we'll have to bug everyone posting in GD.

If you look at the moon tonight (full moon) and look up - you'll see a reddish star - it's the planet Mars.

Has anyone caught a glimpse of the Aurora tonight? There's some kind of solar storm that could make it visible. Anyone up there north of the border?

I was told by a very reliable sourse "norf o the boarder" due to the driving rain that he could hardly see the street lights, never mind the northern lights. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back