Atheletics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear, looks like we just may turn out to be the worst performing home nation, when the old Olympics stagger around in 2012.
They used to moan about the 'semi-pros' from overseas during the shamature years ... Now they flounce around in Mercs laden with 'bling' (WTFIT?)... Too vain to train ? Only the very naturally gifted grafters make it.. the rest are born 'also rans'.
I would love to see us winning, but was watching the athletics, and found myself cringing on behalf of 'superman' Michael Johnson ... Hardly asked a question about our lot, because he would be honest, '..if you ain't out there to win, go take up hairdressing.' The guy really KNOWS about the pain of winning 9 worlds Champ. and 5 Olympic Golds... We should hang on his every word ! So there !
;) :D :D

Sponsored Links
Well, we must be pretty good at sports... we won the World Cup, didn't we? (I am of course talking about our glorious victory in 2003 when Wilkinson brought The Cup home in extra time :D )

And we're pretty good at rowing too (came 2nd in the Bearing Point World Cup this year).

Being a rugby + rowing man, I'm not really bothered about other sports... but a few golds would always be nice :D

Remember the disgraced cheat Ben Johnson? This story always puts a smile on my face :LOL: Unfortunately this article has been removed from the BBC news website (although not its search engine, weird :confused: ) but basically, his wallet was pinched at a cashpoint, and he was unable to catch up with the thieves.

Now, how can I get Schumacher to chase me in his car? ;)

Sponsored Links
Didn't we win the world Tiddlewinks Championships?

Back