Attaching Pull Up Bar to Outside brick wall - Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to attach a pull up bar to the outside of our house. They are rendered, solid brick walls, but I don't know the quality of the brickwork underneath (Victorian terrace, approx 130 years old, based in Brighton).

Have included pics of the wall, bar and the screws that were supplied (M10x100mm length, with rawl plug there are 3 screws for each side where it will attach to the wall).

Will it be ok to bolt directly on to the render (and into the brick)?

Should I be concerned about the screws pulling out of the wall when using this? Is it possible that the brickwork, which may be old, will come loose?

Is there anything else I should do to ensure a strong fix so that I don't damage my house/self?

Thanks in advance

thumbnail_image0.jpg thumbnail_image1.jpg thumbnail_image2.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2190.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could screw ply to the wall and then fix to that which offers many more fixing points.

So would that be a large flat panel of ply wood screwed to the wall with multiple fixings?

The bar itself only has 3 fixing points each side.

Sponsored Links
I was looking at buying something like this during the second lockdown. Have a read of the reviews for similar pull up bars - they all suggest using M8 or M10 anchor bolts as the supplier fixings don’t work well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back