atx power supply replacement help

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
My Power supply has packed up.It is made by HEC and the model is HEC300AR-PTF and it is 300watt the dimension are approx 140x85x150
connections are 2x dvdwr-floppy-maxtor hard drive ATA-motherboard has 2 connections.I have tried to look for the exact replacement but have failed.I am novice on the hardware and will be grateful for help from the knowledgeable ones to advise me on the exact replacement like to like so i cannot get confused. Also advise if i can upgrade to400 watt .if further info is required please advise.thanking in advance :( :confused: ih

Sponsored Links
find your local pc supplier, take your power supply & desktop case down with you & get them to provide you with one.

They will be able to advise you if it fits and the cost wont be much different from getting one on the web, yet you will be assured of a correct fit etc.

Antec Basiq Power 350W ATX 12V PSU - £28.19 from eBuyer.

Product page on Antec's website.

---

Antec EarthWatts 380W 80%+ Efficiency PSU - £38.99 from eBuyer.

Product page on Antec's website.

You can click the link titled "Connections" on the product pages to see pictures of the connectors that each PSU has, but I guarantee that either of those would do you just fine. PSU's are pretty much bog standard. No need for a 400W PSU, the 300W you had before was more than enough.

But as mattylad said, if you're at all unsure take it to your local PC supplier/repair shop.

hi
thanks guys!managed to get hec 350w and is not rocket science to replace. regretfully while replacing i managed to pull one connection out from ONE of my dvd write as i have two- this is 4 pin tiny connection with 3 wires in it and i don't know into which dvd it should be connected to. The other end of the connection goes to motherboard. Any help will be appreciated.Thanking in advance.
ih

Sponsored Links
It sounds like it's the connection for the sound from DVD player to audio output. It goes in the DVD drive that you use for listening to music CDs.

If you don't listen to music CDs on either of the drives then it goes in the one that you think you may use to listen to music CDs in the future.

Or toss a coin. Put it in the top one for heads and the bottom one for tails.

Thanks a mil Mrhumbug you are spot on it is the music one :)
thanks again well done!

Back