Audi hazard lights stuck on.

A new CCU is about £260 from Audi. I doubt you will need to replace it. If the drain problem is not fixed and the footwell continues to flood then the contacts can corrode in which case you may need a replacement, but even then they can often be rescued by BBA-Reman or ECU Doctor as already suggested.

I have come across a lot of people who have suffered this problem, either on forums or owners I know personally and I have yet to find anyone who has had to replace the unit.

If you are unsure how to get the carpets up or what to look for then send me a private message with your email address and I can send you the pages from the workshop manual.

Sponsored Links
First post but I think wont be the last!

I've been getting water in the back and front nearside footwells and thought I had fixed it by cleaning out the hole under the battery. Still getting water in but to a lesser degree. My hazard lights have now stuck full on and looks like I have an issue with the control unit under the carpet and maybe the other hole under the break cylnder is the other issue, given the previous posts. Not being a DIY mechanic of any note I don't know where the CCU box is (front or back footwells) or the break cylnder for the plug thats blocked. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I want to give this a go as skint preparing for CHristmas and Audi will fleece me! Again!

Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for a April 2001 A6 Avant 2.8 , as I think I better get used to doing things myself if I want to avoid bankruptcy.

The hardest part is prising the trim off, usually its located under the passenger side carpet. you can pull the carpet back and use a sponge to get most of the water out, the sound deadening will also be holding a lot of water but this can be squeezed out ( ccm out of the way)
if your lucky a drying out and a spray of electrical cleaner around the terminals may be all you need, i propped the carpet up usng a piece of wood in my passat for a week or two until i was satisfied i had cured the leak.

I found the ccu, thanks cha, and it did have water inside but the board looks dry and apart from a little corrosion on one of the terminals looks fine. Im drying it out as I type and I have a heater in the car trying to dry it out.

Not sure if I still have a leak or its just water already there coming out. there was water coming out of the far right hand side of the near side front footwell at the top today . but I cant see any water in the chamber with the battery in it and the pollen filter and chamber beneath look bone dry.

There is no leak in the cooling system as the level is high and would not deposit that amount of water in any case. there appears to be a pipe in the leaky corner as well as the heater outlet.

I cant turn off my indicators even with the ccu removed. tried taking out the indicator fuse (no.2) but still on. the battery has been flattened twice now and im going to have to leave one of the leads off it to keep a charge.

Im putting in my least hated backstreet garage next week to try and track down the leak and hope my drying out fixes the ccu.

Any comments / advice?

Cheers

Woody

Sponsored Links
it may be worth checking the hazard warning relay isnt stuck in the on position, im not sure where it is on that car, F39 should be the hazards fuse

Back