AV sender - amazon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I got the following AV sender from amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ADHD7VE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1411248162&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this model or can offer advice.

The connectors are the composite variety, so I got two composite/scart adapters to interface to both the virginmedia STB and also a Sony DVD player.
Tried both to transmit from.
The lights are on both receiver and transmitter, but I'm getting absolutely no picture or audio on tv. I've tried both composite connections and the adapter to scart. Range is about 3 ft to try to get it working. Downstairs to directly upstairs no better.
Not sure on amazon refund policy but would like to be sure it is due to faulty unit and not me!

Sponsored Links
I tried a similar product although from Maplin but it did (or was supposed to) exactly the same, the quality of the picture on the second tv was dreadful. I took it back for a refund. You only have to read the reviews to see how hit and miss they can be.

Amazon returns are easy and should be straightforward.

Many thanks.
In last house had one that worked really well (different model etc) so know they can be ok. This one does not seem to work at all - even at a range of 3ft!
Tried different tv's with either the scart adapter or direct from the composite, different sources to transmit, switched channels etc, but all with same result, absolutely nothing.

I think will go with refund route and try a different model - prob something from a local shop instead.

Sponsored Links
you've probably got the wrong scart adapter. There are input ones and output ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back