Avoiding Wasps getting under the eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of having a new roof with wessex tiles put on. The builder is using a bird comb to stop birds getting into the eaves but I'm concerned that wasps will get in (we had a wasp nest under the old roof). Our main roof has aluminium eave filler clips. Should we be using these on the new roof?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont remember a roof that I have done that did not have a wasps nest in it, your last roof had them your new roof will have them.

I'm in the process of having a new roof with wessex tiles put on. The builder is using a bird comb to stop birds getting into the eaves but I'm concerned that wasps will get in (we had a wasp nest under the old roof). Our main roof has aluminium eave filler clips. Should we be using these on the new roof?
Many thanks

Even if you blocked the whole of the eaves, they still get in. bastards!

Sponsored Links
The builder has put in Klober comb but the space between the teeth seems pretty wide, certainly can't see it keeping out wasps, and given its pliability feel a small bird could get in but may not get out. We have had bats before so just hope it's closed enough to keep them out. Roofs on now, will just have to watch the gaps.

Nothing wrong with Bats. They are a protected species and should probably be encouraged. Wasps though are a bloody nuisance and almost impossible to keep out of roof spaces ;) ;)

today we have stripped a roof that had over 200 bats in it. That was the only reason he wanted to have it re-roofed because the bat wee was staining his ceilings, and they stink!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back