B&D Garden Shredder

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I was given a shredder out of someone's shed, it is a GA100

It is pretty ineffectual, as expected, but it does at least work on light holly litter.

However I have no instructions for it and seem to have jammed the blade by poking vine prunings (the thickness of a pencil) down the twig shute

There is an adjusting knob under the front that suggests it should be set to 1mm gap, but I don't know how that works. Inside is a stout metal blade like an "V" and a round plate with cutting notches. There is a bolt in the base of the "V"

I am guessing I take off the bolt with a long-stemmed socket to remove the blade? Any other tips?

I can't find any Shredder instructions on the B&D website.

Sponsored Links
I was given a shredder out of someone's shed,
give it to some one else then :LOL:

But seriously, i can only tell you those with a spinning discs are not very good and often jamb. Mate didnt get one, he got the one with what looks like 2 cogs, it chews things, your one takes slices, give it too much, too fast and they jamb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back