[b]Help ! BOILER NOISE - VOKERA 12 - 48 RSE MYNUTE[/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!! - I have major banging noise coming from our boiler. This has been going on for about 10 days, I have put in the fernox boiler silencer, but no change. Bled all the radiators. I have now noticed we are losing pressure, so fill up every 2-3 days. There is no leak. Rads & hot water are all nice and warm, but noise sounds awful.
All help would be greatly appreciated! We had a new fan & flue put in last year, and was serviced every year by good'ol B.Gas up until last year, any ideas?

please see 5 you can correct it by seeing 10a
thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry, just got back in, nope ! no drip dry as a bone. We had this 2 years ago regarding the pressure, but there was no banging at all. B.Gas came out for 2 weeks and they were convinced we had a leak somewhere, they isolated upstairs, and then downstairs to try and eliminate, but no result. They put in leak sealer & did all the draining etc, but eventually put it down to the Fan & Flue?, Hence why we had it changed. When it makes the banging noise, the needle on the thermostat moves up & down, I reduced the thermostat on the boiler to about notch 6-7 (runs about 60c) pressure currently on 2bar , and this seems to alleviate it abit. Hope this helps a little? By the way I have also bled the little valve coming off the hot water cylinder aswell - ytiny bit of air. The system is a sealed system and has the expansion vessell in the back of the boiler. Much appreciating this help by the way!

Sponsored Links
not sure? - my husband just turned the screw, and a little water came out.

What should it look like?

Sorry, no small looking bottle thing with plastic lid. Today we have had the boiler on all day, major noises in the morning sounded like an amplified kettle! pressure was at 1 bar whilst on! filled with water, ( i usually take it up to about 1-1.5 when cold & 2.5 when hot). any how having been on all day the pressure fell back down to below 1 again! have just had to re-fill! Where can this water be going? can it be the heat exchanger? :D keep smiling!

kevplumb said:
check outside and see if the prv pipe is dripping :idea:

We have recently experienced the same "noisy boiler" AND our outside pipe IS dripping - what does this mean?

Our pressure seems to drop below 1.0 if we don't top it up regularly. When at 2.0 the pressure reduces rapidly when a HW tap is turned on (may be normal?). Hot water comes through the taps fine and the radiators are hot but the dripping tap is causing some problems! :evil:

If we leave the pressure at 1.0 noises start - especially when the hot water tap is used, it starts whining and whistling (doesn't sound healthy at all).

Any ideas?

Start a new thread, but do a search first, answered many times

do not have any water coming out of the pRV, it just seems to disappear?

There is definately no leak anywhere, all our rads & hot water work fine, it's just this wretched banging noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back