Back boiler questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, New member so please go easy on me :)

I have a few questions regarding my back boiler if anyone can help me out.

Firstly the boiler is attached to a Baxi Bermuda C2 fire, I don't know if you can get different boilers to go with it but I can try and have a look for a model no if you can.

At the moment it is connected to an old tick tock type time clock which switches the water and ch on at the same time. I would liek to replace this with a digital one and was wondering whether I could get one so I can have the water and heating set to come on at different times? I also really like the idea of being able to give the heating a 1hr boost in the evening because at the moment I have to switch onto constant and invariably forget to switch it off again.

I would also like to fit a roomstat so I can leave the heating on constant over the weekends/holidays when we are home, If I do this at the moment the boiler runs almost continuosly as the bathroom rad has no trv as I assume it is a bypass or something.

Any pointers on whether tis is possible would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
At the moment it is connected to an old tick tock type time clock

tick tock :LOL: :LOL:

Its not as easy as just fitting a new clock i'm afraid.

It all depends on what type of system you have.

Is there a thermostat on the cylinder, do you know if you have any zone valves on the system?

That was quick, thanks,

The cylinder does indeed have a thermostat on it and I don't think there are any zone valves on the sytem, none that I can find anyway and it's not a big house (2 bed townhouse).

There was another question I had too, I know I need a vent in the room but can I cover it somehow so the wind doesn't blow straight through it, I was thinking of making a v shape to put over it outside so air can still be drawn in but it blocks the wind blowing through.

Sponsored Links
There was another question I had too, I know I need a vent in the room but can I cover it somehow so the wind doesn't blow straight through it, I was thinking of making a v shape to put over it outside so air can still be drawn in but it blocks the wind blowing through.

You can fit a draught cowl to the outside of the vent as long as it doesnt restrict the free area of the vent.

Also, contact baxi who will advise you what can be fitted to the existing back boiler

for your vent you can fit a black hole vent. these come with a baffle to help prevent draughts but you need to make sure that the total free flow of air is sufficient for the appliance requirements.would advise you seek the help of a professional registered installer,he can advise on the other works you plan. and also test that the ventilation is sufficient for your appliance . with the correct flue flow and spillage tests etc.

Thanks guys, i'll probably get someone out to service it soon so will ask them while they are here. There was me thinking it would be a simple job :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back