Back boiler, thermostat, pump, immersion, central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently rewiring my house. I have got a back boiler situated behind my Parkray that heats the central heating and also the hot water. How do I go about connecting the:
Water pump (Cellar)
Thermostat (Lounge)
Programmer (Hallway)
Immersion Heater (Loft)

Am I missing anything out here at all?

I presume the water pump pumps both the hot water & also the central heating.
Does the thermostat just control the central heating? If so, how do I adjust the temperature of the hot water?
How do I also set the immersion heater so that I can use it independantly in the summer months, without the need for the fire?

Many thanks in advance.

Dust.

Sponsored Links
Hot water is gravity circulation.
Temperature is set by the thermostat on the boiler.
Programmer and room stat control the pump.
Immersion heater is a separate supply from c/u.

I presume that you are part P registered. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

@Terry
I am not a sparky at all. My mate is but I am doing all the chasing myself to save him time. He lives quite far away so he will come up & do it over a weekend. I just want to make sure that I have the chaseing in the right areas & have ran the cables correctly.

So the hot water is adjusted by a stat on the cylinder in my loft?
Are the programmer & thermostat connected to each other, then in to the pump or are they seperate feeds?

Thanks.

@Ben
Many thanks. I will take a look & see if I can locate it!

Sponsored Links
I said the thermostat on the BOILER.
There will not be one on the cylinder on a S/F system.
The room stat is wired in series with the clock and pump.
ie. Heating on, to stat and stat to pump
It is usually easiest to run wiring from clock and stat to the pump and use a J B to connect up.

I have a backboiler. This is situated behind my parkray, built in to the fireplace. I have no access to this or do I? If so, where do I find the stat for this?

Do you not have a knob on the side of the fire that controls an air flap at the bottom?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back