back flow through thermostatic mixer

This is a very comman problem, mixer connected to unbalanced feeds and cold back filling the hot when in use.

I always fit the low pressure flap type bought from BES plumbing, they don't restrict the flow like the spring loaded mains pressure equivalents.

Just fit one vertically to the hot pipe under the tap, then again if you're getting a combi then you don't need to.
Sponsored Links
As I can't manage to get the cartridge out, I'll wait until I've got the boiler before doing anything more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links