Badly Sludged Pipes

Whilst rad valves will sometimes stop leaking with water in the system in your case there is, we now learn, air!

In that case I will modify my reply that I expect that the air has dissolved over a short time onto some residual water in the pipework.

Its not usually recommended to test with air to much pressure at all in case something bursts. In any case the small molecules of gas are much better at finding minute leaks.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agreed Tony. I didnt want to recharge the system with water just incase there was a significant leak in a carpeted area (and I'm not at work now so the risk of using aair is mine lone ;) - its only a couple of Bar - I'm more used to several hundred bar - guess I'm a bit complaicent) :eek: .

Anyways thanks for all your help, I'm gonna re-instate the old pipework, install a MagnaClean, give it a power flush and then get back to commisioning the boiler ! :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back