Banging/clunking noise when I turn hot tap on - baxi combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys over the past few days I've noticed my boiler or pipes are making a strange noise when I turn the hot water tap on. It's like a banging/clunking noise (that's the only way I can describe it). This stops as soon as I turn the tap off.

What could this be? I pay a monthly cover with baxi but when I've read the documents I'm covered for repairs to the boiler and labour but not for the "system". Not sure what this means and I'm just hoping its not something that's gonna cost me hundreds coz I'm skint :( after forking out 150quid this week for pest control who found there's a rat in mine and my 2 neighbours Lofts and also noticing the wall next to the front door is crumbling away which I suspect is damp (will be forking out a hefty sum for this I'm sure). They say they come in three's I suppose!!

It's a baxi duo tec 28 combi boiler if that helps

Sponsored Links
Call Baxi. Boiler might be covered for 5 years (if you have bothered to get it serviced very year and benchmark up to date)

It's not been serviced. Stupidly thought paying for extended warrenty was enough. Servicing has never even crossed my mind :(

Does it make the same noise when you put the heating on ?

Sponsored Links
Gigz ... No it's just when I put the hot tap on. When I put the tap on in the kitchen I can hear it thumping but when I put the bathroom tap on its not as bad

What temperature does it show on the boiler when it happens ? I think it could be a tap issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back