Barn Paint alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just built a playhouse out of 9mm exterior ply for my grandsons and was going to paint it with Bedec Barn Paint as I have had very good results in the past. However firstly there are a limited range of colours including lack of bright blue and although I know its expensive the price seems to have shot up to circa £60 plus vat for a 5l tin.
I could mix deep blue with white but its a bit hit and miss and I would have to mix 5l deep blue and 2.5l in order to maintain a consistent colour.
My question is, are there any alternatives to Barn Paint in a wider range of colours and ideally easier on the pocket.
Fozzie

Sponsored Links
You'll struggle to find as good a paint cheaper. MSP from the same company may be a bit cheaper, superdec is good but even more expensive than the barn paint. False economy if you buy a cheap/er paint and it fails and you have to do it all again. If i was you i'd stick with the BP, you may find a friendly oppo in your local paint shop that will tint it for you if you buy white.

You'll struggle to find as good a paint cheaper. MSP from the same company may be a bit cheaper, superdec is good but even more expensive than the barn paint. False economy if you buy a cheap/er paint and it fails and you have to do it all again. If i was you i'd stick with the BP, you may find a friendly oppo in your local paint shop that will tint it for you if you buy white.
Thanks DcDec
Is that Sadolin Superdec? Yes Sadolin is a great paint and I use Classic on all my timber windows and frames but its more of a stain than a opaque paint. It also comes in fewer colours than Barn Paint.
I think you are right and I would be better using BEDEC and keep the price quiet from her in doors ;)
Unless of course some of you other professional painters and decorators have any trade suggestions?
Fozzie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back