Bath 15mm or 22mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still finding my feet as not long qualified. Just been to price up a replacement bath. At the moment a disabled unit is there. There is also in situ a safety mixing valve. One tap has 15mm pipe, the other 22mm. The mixing valve is being removed, so back to square one. Should I be piping up in 15mm or 22mm, our indoors is 22mm,(tank fed) Thanks.
I should also point out that a combi is fitted in the adjoining bedroom (cupboard) on this upstairs job.

Sponsored Links
If its an unvented cylinder & combi 15mm should be adequate enough. You'd be getting better pressure & therefore presumably a better flowrate than that of say a standard vented cylinder & cold water storage tank.

If its not a pressurised system then 22mm supplies are a must. The bath will take a week to fill if fed in 15mm on a non-pressurised system..

Thanks for that. A lot of factors to be aware of. Sorry for being thick, how would I know/what am I looking for in a pressurised system?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. A lot of factors to be aware of. Sorry for being thick, how would I know/what am I looking for in a pressurised system?
If there's no CWS then it's pressurised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back