Bath cold water 15 or 22mm pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm replacing my bathroom suite and have found that the sink has both hot and cold pipes being 15mm copper pipe leading to it, but the bath has 15mm cold and 22 mm hot water.
Is this normal?
If not, should i fit my new bath with 22mm cold and 22mm hot water.
Is there any benefit to having 11mm or 22mm cold water on the bath?

If so, where is best to put the 15mm to 22mm cold water connector as I am pretty sure the mains cold water is 15mm.

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
is the cold supplied at water mains pressure, or from a tank?

Hi

I'm replacing my bathroom suite and have found that the sink has both hot and cold pipes being 15mm copper pipe leading to it, but the bath has 15mm cold and 22 mm hot water.
Is this normal?
If not, should i fit my new bath with 22mm cold and 22mm hot water.
Is there any benefit to having 11mm or 22mm cold water on the bath?

If so, where is best to put the 15mm to 22mm cold water connector as I am pretty sure the mains cold water is 15mm.

Thanks for the help

If it is good enough for your old bath it`s good enough for your new one.

the cold water is at mains pressure (directly above the incoming feed into the kitchen). Does that mean 15mm is fine - but you would use 22mm from the cold water tank?

Sponsored Links
PS. I am moving the bath to a new wall so cant use the existing pipes for old bath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back