Connecting 15mm mains water feed to 22mm bath tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty self-explanatory subject title really.

I'm refitting my bathroom this weekend. The cold feed will be from the mains which is on 15mm copper. Obviously the bath tap requires 22mm pipe. Is it okay to fit a reducing coupling on a 22mm tail from the bath tap to the 15mm mains? I've got pretty decent mains pressure.

The alternative is to reduce the existing 28mm feed from the cold water tank in the loft to 22mm. But I'd rather not.

Sponsored Links
cheers. Thought it would best to check rather than sit red-faced in my bathroom.

Better still use a 15mm flexi with a 3/4" tap connector. You can get them with a built in service valve for about £3.50.

Sponsored Links
or go one better with an end feed 15mm to ¾" tap connector... don't forget the service valve of course

cheers gigz and leakydave. In the end I used a 15mm flexi with a 3/4" tap connector. It worked a treat.

I won't bore you with the trials and tribulations of my bathroom re-fit over the weekend, suffice it to say that getting a 170cm bath out of a 165cm gap involved lots of chiselling, swearing and brute force.

if the bath was plastic it would be easier to cut it in half... if steel... lots of effort required...

It was steel, as is the replacement. However, I had the forethought to install a 165cm bath this time. It took ages but well worth the effort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back