22mm hot 15mm cold supply problem

I am just a humble diyer, so don't want to go where the professionals have just ben. However I would find it very informative if u could expalin the following:

1) why shouldnt u wrap ptfe tape around the dry side of the olive and also not on the threads,

2) Also why shouldnt u use silicone products to assist sealing. i have recently had to join a 3/4in and 22mm pipe. Used a 3/4 olive , but still found it difficult as an amateur to get a fully sealed compression joint. My local plumbers merchant suggested that i used ls-x everywhere!!!, when doing up the joint. This has seamed to solve the problem. The pipe was ahot water feed from a new combi boiler that started to leak under increased pressure. Your reasons for not using such a product would be really informative and i,m sure will increase our knowledge (that is by the way what this forum is for, isnt it?)

Sponsored Links
To be honest with you, I have been plumbing for 15 years and have never heard this at all. Thats not to say it isnt written in any scripture out there, but real life scenarios call for real life arse covering solution. Let your LSX flow free!! ( actually I prefer Plumba ). I would say be carefull with micro bore though, if too much is aplied, it spills over and can block the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back