Change bath 22mm supply to 15mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm refitting my 1950 bathroom which has the usual 15/22 arrangement to the old bath. I shall need to replace all the pipework. I have a recent Corgi fitted Baxi combi system. Mains is just over 1/2 bar bar. I'd like to use 15mm supply for hot AND cold to my bath (obviously 22 > 15 tap connector). Hot flow from my 15mm basin and 22mm bath are identical: 6 L/m. This is a many-times-extended house with mind-numbing plumbing & electrics - the use of 15mm hot feed will simplify the re-furb.
Is ths legal? Sensible?

Sponsored Links
15mm Advisable from a combi - even one which is working properly, which yours isn't!
Unless your mains really IS 1/2 bar, which is hard to believe unless these's a major blockage.

6l/min should be higher. Was going to type 10 but some would be set to 8.
Pressure should overcome resistance easily - it just takes longer to fill a 22mm pipe.

Many thanks, Chris, much relieved. Mains is actually 0.5 - 0.6 consistently - we're V rural and hesitate to call waterboard as improvement will be at our expense and I'm fearful of being "shut down" in the waterworld equivalent of unsafe gas or electrics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back