Pipe sizes for bath/basin water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re-doing a bathroom with combi boiler installed already.

The hot bath tap is supplied by 22m pipe, this then splits with a Tee to 15mm to go to the basin hot.

The cold bath is 15mm and so is the cold basin.

I have a couple questions:

1: Is the bath hot supply 22mm for a reason? I'm replacing the taps and moving the bath so the pipework will be changed, do I still need to keep the supply to the bath hot tap 22m or can I safely use 15mm and 15mm to 3/4" tap connectors?

2: I'm also installing a manual mixer shower. Is it fine to use 15mm runs to it or should again the hot be 22mm?

Sponsored Links
1: Is the bath hot supply 22mm for a reason?
Yes. It provides a flow rate more suitable for drawing a bath of hot water before it goes cold.

I'm replacing the taps and moving the bath so the pipework will be changed, do I still need to keep the supply to the bath hot tap 22m or can I safely use 15mm and 15mm to 3/4" tap connectors?

2: I'm also installing a manual mixer shower. Is it fine to use 15mm runs to it or should again the hot be 22mm?
You should use what the boiler manufacturer stipulates.

1: Is the bath hot supply 22mm for a reason? I'm replacing the taps and moving the bath so the pipework will be changed, do I still need to keep the supply to the bath hot tap 22m or can I safely use 15mm and 15mm to 3/4" tap connectors?

from the days when you had tank fed hot water

15 will do the flowrate from a combi dosen't need 22 normally

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back