basin taps on a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am about to fit a shower bath and i have been given a nice pair of basin taps and was wondering if i could use it on the bath.my bath has no drilled tap holes and my combi system supplies hot water via 15mm copper pipes.am i right in thinking that because the pipe is 15mm it would make no difference in the flow rate if basin or bath taps were used,thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
There will be some difference in flow rates due to the amount of space opened within the tap for water to escape from, but possibly not too much to be of any real significant difference.

Biggest issue is that the reach on the spout from a basin tap is sometimes shorter than that of bath ones. So your taps would have to be closer to the edge of the bath. But if its to close the back nut may not tighten up fully because it hits the radius under the bath.

Sponsored Links
Biggest issue is that the reach on the spout from a basin tap is sometimes shorter than that of bath ones. So your taps would have to be closer to the edge of the bath. But if its to close the back nut may not tighten up fully because it hits the radius under the bath.
A valid point! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back