Bath Filler into slotted Overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've been looking for a freestanding bath for a while. We've narrowed it down to a couple, surpisingly the Wickes Sydney bath is looking like a strong contender.

We'd very much like to reduce clutter and don't need a shower, so the Overflow Bath Filler is exactly what appeals to my minimalist nature. This is an example:

This leaves me with one unknown and one installation question.

Unknown: Is there enough room behind the Wickes bath for and overflow filler. (Bizarrely, Wickes sell one but it is order only and you can't see what it looks like)

Installation: Is enlarging/adapting the slot doable for a somewhat-competent DIYer? My thoughts were as long as the seal extends over the entire slot of the overflow then there shouldn't be a watertightedness issue and it's just ("just") a matter of drilling a suitable sized hole

Any thoughts welcome

Regards

Tet

Sponsored Links
The retrofit overflow fillers are usually designed to fit a standard waste opening. They do take a long long time to fill the bath. and unless they are dual fed then they need specific filler taps/mixer/diverter to feed to the single inlet. They also usually require a mains pressure supply.

I had one,slow to fill and with the handset being fitted as a dual shower/ tap control it could not top up without getting up, annoying in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back