bath leg set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really a Plumbing problem but I cant see a more suitable forum!

I have a Vitra Bath and the leg set has no instructions with it!

I have sussed some of it out but there are several things I dont understand, having never done this before

legset.jpg

1) All the screws that seem to be intended to screwed into the bath istelf look very long. For example the screws that go into the plastic "caps" that go on top of the metal legs look like if I screw them in I will come out the surface of the bath. (one of the caps is in place on the leg in the photo).
2) I dont know that the (galvanised?) metal brackets with the red plastic ends are for or how they are fitted. Are these to attach the bath to the wall somehow? If so its not obvious at all how this works. There are three one of which has fewer parts!
3) I dont know what the purpose of the other small brackets are (to the left of the larger ones in the photo)

I think if I could answer these questions I would be almost there! Do these things normally come with instructions??

Sponsored Links
Are they all parts ?
don't look right to me hang on I will look again

the bendy type things are for the panel to sit on, but that top leg looks like a problem (can't figure that one )

The top leg is off the photo, leaning against the wall, its bad photo taking mainly!

Yes, the little bendy clips, the panel! Of course! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The bracket between the 4 legs and the frame tops is for a centre support. To be used with the short leg on the right.

the 2 clips in the bag are wall brackets.

The top frame has a mysterious extra bend in it. Is this to fit around the shape of the bath or has someone bent it to show their strength perhaps?

The black circular thing on the left has got me though. Is that an end view of the missing fourth leg for the frames?

The key to fitting a plastic bath correctly is getting all seven fixings on securely. I know it is difficult but get yerself under that there tub and screw all them feet to the floor. Sometimes it is necessary to screw some 4x2 or 3x2 to the floor to sit the bath on so that you have clearance for the trap and waste.

The top leg is bent because its a shower bath I think.

Yes, bad photography again one of the legs is viewed end on, and is separated from its friends.

I thought the clips int he bag were for the panel. There are 7 of them I think.

I will get a better clearer photo today but there are two sets of wall plugs, white and blue.

Thanks for your replies.

Right I have a better photo now.

I have grouped everything as I think it belongs. Still have no idea about the big clips with the red bit!

Thanks for any more ideas anyone might have.

legset.jpg

Ahhh much better I hope you can put in a bath better than that laminate floor

I think you have the idea about the legs and frames by the way they are laid out.
The seven clips I agree are for the panels

It is normal to see a couple of angle brackets or similar for use as wall fixings that go from the wooden rail under the bath rim to the wall. Those clamp things with the red ends and a wing nut and bolt missing are something I havent seen before. Maybe someone else could help on that one.
If they were put together differently it is conceivable that they could clamp around one of the frames
Could you post a pic of the bath meanwhile so we can ponder it?

Thanks very much guys.

I will get a photo of the bath when I am there tommorrow.

By the way its not a laminate floor its plywood to go under the tiles. Its not finally fitted or screwed down yet!

Middle clamp in photograph is set up correctly.uppermost part of clamp (red/part) rests on underside of bath.Bottom red part and rest of clamp go against the wall.
Drill wall and fix with bolt through slotted hole using blue rawl plugs and clamp bath to wall with wingnut.Hope this helps.
Steve

I fitted a Wickes bath a couple of weeks ago for a friend and both supports had a bend on the vertical just on one side only.

Does anyone know what that was for? Nothing in the instructions about it.

I fix boilers but dont do baths!

Tony

Either way round gave enough clearance.

The wider way would prevent the panel being pushed inwards very far but if this was the intention then I would have expected it to be symetrical.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back