Bath overflow leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My bath overflow is continually leaking.

I have taken it apart a few times and tightened it up, but it keeps coming loose and leaking.

I can get behind it, there is a rubber gasket behind which should create the seal.

Is there something I can use to seal it better?

I think part of the problem, is that you have to turn a knob on it to operate the plug and over time this causes it to become loose.

I also think it is a pretty cheap one, will a better one still fit?

The floorboards are starting to rot a bit, can I just dry it all out and paint them?

Mick

Sponsored Links
You could cheat, and take it apart, and put a bit of clear sealant on it between the overflow and the bath, then reassemble it. But you shouldn't have the water level so high that it overflows, as it's only for emergencies.

Now that's an interesting invite.

Hmm, lets see. Try pointing out to her that it's easier to drown her when the waters higher. But I'm not sure if you should do a practical demonstration - at least not till after she's cooked the Christmas Turkey.

Sponsored Links
Ha ha... reminds me of an acronym from my IT days... “PICNIC”: Problem-in-chair-not-in-computer!

Only, this time it’s in the bath! :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back