Bath screens.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a DIYer, replacing an old shower tray and limescale-damaged sliding screen with a rectangular bath and bath screen.

Just wondering what factors I should consider when hanging the screen. The hinged end will be fixing through ceramic tiles and plasterboard attached to 2x2, so I should be able to get the fixing screws into timber to give it a good solid platform. If the eventual positioning means that I miss the timber, I'm hoping to get away with a good set of plasterboard anchors.

Main thing I'm wondering is this: how far from the outer edge of the bath, ideally, should the screen sit when closed? The screen I've purchased has a bottom sealing strip that looks pretty naff, to be honest, so I'd like to limit any chance of leaks by positioning the screen in the best way possible. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sit the glass where the bath edge is flattest and level to get a good seal.

Cheers for that.
Another thing which has occured to me: the screen is hinged across more than ninety degrees, so theoretically once closed it could swing into the bath if the seal doesnt stop it on the edge.
Is this likely to be a problem, and if so how should I deal with it? There doesnt appear to be any device included with the screen to prevent the extra movement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back