Bath Sizes!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

What the hell is going on with 'standard' bath sizes, ordered new bath to replace cracked existing one....Existing one is standard 1700mm and its exactly that...ripped it out, put all legs etc on new one, went to put in positon and guess what the new '1700mm' bath is actually '1670mm' :evil: :evil:

Phoned the merchants as there is no way on earth that I cna fit this without making it look b***** awful (long story and impossible to explain why) they measured there own brand '1700mm' bath and its actually 1690mm.

As you can imagine hours of bad language later still not happy.

Why is this so difficult, if I order a 3m length of copper I expect to get a 3m length of copper! Mind you, never actually measured that either so maybe its the same :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sh*t happens. Make it up at one end with tiles etc, its only 30 mill.
Relax
:LOL:

Would have to be damn wide tiles! as I said in my post, to complicated to explain but would have looked awful, this would not have been a case of a nice straight 30mm at one end with the other end all nice and neat.

My point os that when something is advertised a size thats what it should be. Would you be happy buying 40" LCD TV and only getting 38"

Slightly random I know but stil a little annoyed!

Apart from that if you had 30mm less than needed would you be a happy man!

from what you say its the first time its happened.

once you know what baths are what measurements then its very hand as you can imagine (when replacing wall to wall, chopped in)

Sponsored Links
Can you tell me what make of bath it was as i'm looking for one to fit a 1670 bathroom and struggling. Thanks

Blimey, how good do you think my memory is!!!!

Ask in Plumb Center, think it was a was a nabis bath, think from the Breeze range, but they will know.

Apart from that if you had 30mm less than needed would you be a happy man!
:D

30mm is the same gap B&Q's cubicle shower doors have between frame and bottom of door, letting water pour all over the floor. Seems to be the new British Standard measurement for 'tolerances' :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back