Replacing a Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First post here and not very experienced at this sort of thing so please bear with me.

I've just moved into a new house (first time buyer) and want to replace the bathroom suite. The bathroom is pretty small so I was thinking of getting one of those space saver type baths that taper at one end. I've seen one which I like and the dimensions are 1700mm (L) x 700mm (W). However, the length of the current bath appears to be 1660mm. I measured this from tile to tile, so know that the actual space for the bath may be a bit bigger. However, I was wondering if it's possible to skim the end of the bath so it'll fit or is the best option to channel out abit of the wall so it fits? The only other option would be to find a smaller bath, but I assume most of them are a fairly standard size?

Also, how easy is it to move the taps (pipe work etc) from one end of the bath to the other?

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You have to take 2 cm out of the wall on each side which is achievable.

Make sure you have correct tools for tap removal / fitting. :D

Cheers Bahco, that's what I thought. I was just worried that I'd need to look for a different bath!

Sponsored Links
Make sure you can still get at the taps to turn them on.

Plan it carefully as the first bathroom change will take you ages and theres always a snag the first time.

I remember mine :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back