Bath tap problems - noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few probs that I'd like some help wit if possible please?

Firstly, there's a noise (like hissing) coming from my cold bath tap (under the bath panel), the tap when on is stiff, but the noise stops, but when closed, the sound begins again. WHat could be causing this. It has started just 10 minutes ago.

Also the tap is very stiff, is there anyway of easing this?

Thanks for helping.

Sponsored Links
Yes just got some of the panel off and some water is there on the floor. Have turned the main stopcock off and the water from the bath and kitchen cold tap has stopped immediately.

The bath panel is not screwed on and is going to have to be mashed to get off, so will do that now. Is it likely the leak is from a pipe or a connection to the tap?

Thanks for your help JPC, much appreciated

sounds like it could be from the connection to the tap do you have high pressure normally how old are your taps????

Sponsored Links
Hi

Yes high pressure cold, hot is from tank/cylinder.

The water looks like it's coming from the elbow (22mm) end-feed type, but it could be running down.

Is this common for old pipes/taps. Taps are about 10 years old or more, pipes were original when new suite fitted, so about 40+ years old probably.

hi...u need to have the panel off (or able to see inside) and turn the water back on ...to spot where its leaking from...then u know what to fix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back