Bathroom Carpet & Carpet Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not everyone's cup of tea i know (but i have my reasons) but i want to lay a carpet or carpet tiles in my toilet & seperate bathroom. I understand that they are available specifically for these rooms.
Can anyone recommend where i can purchase either & would carpet or carpet tiles be better ??

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
i just use normal carpet in our bathroom - on the basis that there are no kids using. i've not come across any specific type of carpet or carpet tiles for "wet" areas like bathrooms.

if you've not fitted carpet before then bathrooms/toilets are quite a challenge in getting the profile around the fittings right. there are several posts in the forum to help and you should be ok.

for any "family" (with kids) bathroom i recommend a tile effect laminate and use pva adhesive to seal it water tight. i take up the fittings except the bath to make it easy to lay the laminate (you can just cut to profile and put sealant in gap). i use flexible plumb fittings to reinstall and only fix to the walls to allow laminate to float. works a treat, not as warm on the feet as carpet but ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back