Fix carpet to another carpet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have bought a 'runner' - a long piece of carpet that goes down the hall to catch muddy/messy marks when entering through the front door. This lies on top of our new carpet, but the problem is that it slides around. All the fixings that I can find are to fix a carpet to a hard surface (boards, tiles etc.) so can anyone recommend a way of attaching carpet to carpet (not permanently, I should add).

Sponsored Links
You can get strips or mats to attach to the bottom of the runner, they have a spiky effect a bit like velcro. I don't know the correct name.

The runners tend to move in one direction only, I think due to the way the pile of the carpet lies.

I think the one in the link is the tacky rubber mesh, for use on hard shiny floors.

Sponsored Links
Foxi anti-slip from Ratcliffe Underlays, if that does'nt stop the runner moving, nothing will, much better than the mesh style products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back