Bathroom fan extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am rewiring my bathroom with l/v downlights. I am also installing a fan/extractor. The fan will need an isolator. The lights will be a loop in sytem with the last loop ending at the last light. I am planning of taking the live feed from the last light to an showerfan isolator and using three core and earth to the fan to supply it with permanent live and a switched live as it is an over-run humidistat extractor fan. Is that OK? or have I got it wrong.

Sponsored Links
You are correct, although to keep to the letter of the regs you should fit a three pole switch before the fan.

thanks for the reply. I meant livefeed to the 2 pole isolator then from the isolator to the fan. I am a bit rusty on this as it was a while since I last did a bathroom extractor fan. On anothe question regarding bathroon extracot fan ther as a completely different wiring layout with a DP switched fcu, double pole switch and a triple pole fan isolator???
//www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/bathroom-fan-again.292802/

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back