Bathroom fitters used 15mm pipe from shower pump to mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looks like our bathroom fitters have already connected the new shower mixer with 15mm pipe. Basically, there is (from me reading these forums and my insistence) 22mm dedicated feed from cw and hw tanks to the shower pump and then 22mm into the bathroom. But the last 1.5 metres or so is reduced to 15mm with 1 elbow on hot and 3 elbows on cold (even I could use my pipe bender to better effect).

So the question is, would I be knit-picking to get them to redo the this last bit and reduce much closer to the mixer or in reality would it not make much difference?

Pump is a 2.3 bar, shower head is a 18cm diameter rainshower type thing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Op, it's bugging you so call them back. If you don't then you'll always wonder "what if"

Thanks for replies - its probably only about 3M - so half of that in 22 and the other half in 15.

Sponsored Links
i assume they left the manual with you, you can check the requirements inside...

if not you can download them from the manufacturers website...

along with all the other requirements like a side exit cylinder or flange fitted on top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back