need help on fittings for power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a pump, and a shower mixer which I believe the pipe from pump to shower should keep it as 22mm.

However the shower mixer Cold & Hot inlet is 1/2" (the inlet of the s-union with the chrome plates, then connect to 3/4" to the mixer)

I need an elbow joint to connect from the 22mm (rising from the floor) to the 1/2" male. Which type of elbow should I use? (any example from screwfix?)

Should I reduce the 22 to 15mm first when it comes vertical from the floor?

many many thanks!

Sponsored Links
u can use a 15mm copper to 15mm female compression elbow and as u said , reduce it in floor

Before you go to the bother of burying 22 mm pipes in the wall (?) consider that the two pipes are about to combine, to feed a similar length of hose, which probably has a bore much smaller than 15mm. If you have a huge rose you'll need all the pressure/flow you can get of course. You will know that a 3 bar pump will empty a standard HW cylinder in 4 minutes or so?

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Before you go to the bother of burying 22 mm pipes in the wall (?) consider that the two pipes are about to combine, to feed a similar length of hose, which probably has a bore much smaller than 15mm. If you have a huge rose you'll need all the pressure/flow you can get of course. You will know that a 3 bar pump will empty a standard HW cylinder in 4 minutes or so?

ic, so its better to keep it 15mm all the way i guess.

is compression joint or push-fit joint stronger for a high pressure system?

Both will be ok at 10 bar...
Remember the mains is a few bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back