weak power shower

The filters are on the inlets to the pump impeller. Since the manuals are not advocating Surrey flanges and the like they are not going to be particularly high head pumps.

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Your cylinder will have a threaded tapping at the top - again I've never seen otherwise.

DSCN5693.jpg

you have now ;)

filters were clear :)

just to recap as a shower it is fine, as a POWER shower it's crap
from the advice here and what I've read since starting this thread, I think I'll be fitting a bigger pump and keep my fingers crossed the tee off the hot pipe will be adequate

thanks all

:)

That looks very much like a male threaded fitting to me and I'm not even a plumber!

sorry about the quality of the pic but thats exactly what it is!
as installed in a new build 11 years ago

i knew there was a reason I didn't use a surry flange and I wasn't just being lazy :p

Sponsored Links
In that case what you want is one of these.

Made for cylinders with a male threaded fitting.

It's basically the same as a Surrey flange, but with a female/female union added.

I got one of these when I added a shower pump however didn't use it because we didn't want to disturb the existing cylinder outlet. We'll be replacing the cylinder in the next year or so, so it can go on then. Plus the pump MF's literature stated it was OK to tee off the hot supply.

Thanks Bon!

I'm pretty sure the lack of "power" for the shower is down to the pump
My intension is to get a 3 bar pump and swap them over

If the plumbing turns out not to be suitable then a york flange it is - at least now i know whats available

(BTW a quick google search found one at a fraction of the price @ £23.86)

:)

Indeed there are. I got mine off ebay for a similar price. That was the first one that came up on Google though

Hello again!

just though i'd update the power shower situation...

I bought a 3 Bar pump off ebay and fitted that and was slightly happier with the results but still thought it was lacking something... :(

then went down stairs to find the pump was leaking from the body when it was operating and had dripped through the ceiling Doh! :mad:

so on went the old 1.5 Bar pump and has been that way for the last couple of months

then at weekend I thought I'd check the flow again out of the flexible to the shower head (just messing about really) and it was coming out at a nice pace - not whipping around or anything - so tried to put the shower head back on but it wouldn't go on without turning the water off first... :confused:

then i noticed a plastic bung up the arrse end of the shower head - like a top hat shape with 6 holes (1mm dia max) in the end. Pulled it out, reconnected the flexi and WHAY HAY!!! a POWER shower!!!! :!:

i guess it's some kind of water conservation device but it won't be going back in!!!

sorted now - happy man! (and the wife's quite pleased too)

:D :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back