Bathroom LED's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother says he has too many LED's in his bathroom. 6 in total in the ceiling.

It is very bright when you put the light on.

Any ideas as to what he can do as he hates it being so bright in there?

Not sure what LED's are currently in situ. Would changing them help? Or, can he remove a few? Is that permissable?

Lights are controlled by a pull cord (flat roof).

Any advice welcome.... Thanks

Sponsored Links
Trying lower wattage bulbs would be the obvious thing to try. And of course some fittings could be removed.

For nighttime use I have some wall lamps to the sides of the mirror with pull cords

And a ceiling globe for full light, separately switched by the door.

My previous house had double switches by the door,

Not difficult if you have access above the ceiling.

Downlighters can be dazzling if you are lying in a bath.

Sponsored Links
Tell him to wait a year, I'm sure one or two will have failed by then :censored:

I have 5 GU10 lamps for my stairs/landing, I have the centre on switched at wall, the outer 4 can only be switched on/off with zigbee relay, not ideal, but works very well, and centre bulb is a smart one colour changing so can dim right down or/and change colour.

Today there are so many easy options, swapping to smart bulbs seems the easiest, but only an option for GU10 type, the G5.3 type typically 12 volt, both loosely called MR16 lamps is not so easy, much depends on the power supply.

The problem with the 12 volt lamps is many of the power supplies used have a minimum output, typically 30 - 50 watt, so 6 x 5 watt would work, but remove a bulb and it may switch off, or flash.

There are now so called electronic transformers which will work from zero, but as it stands we have no idea if 230 volt or 12 volt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back