What LED downlighters to buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sizing up stuff for redoing bathroom at the moment, and read on here before that rather than fit normal halogen lights/downlights and then use LED bulbs, its better to buy an all in one LED light unit?

Now I've been to the shops for a look but its very very hard to get an Idea of how much light comes off them in such an open bright area.

So Looking for advice from the guys who fit them so see what makes/units you prefer?

Bathroom is at a guess, 2m x 3m, approx 2.5m high ceilings. No window.

expect it could do with 5 or 6 50w equivilents, and looking for a warm light to match normal halogens as close as possible.

Sponsored Links
I have fitted KSR. I was impressed. I plan to try the halers H2 by colingwood as 'the word on the street' is that they are the dogs bollo*ks both carry a 7 year warranty.

I've fitted a fair few halers H2 DLs, and they are really good. They are not the cheapest, but maybe you get what you pay for.

Sponsored Links
There are quite a lot of LED panels on the market now, and although a lot of them are made as, and shown as, replacements for standard 600x600 lights in office ceilings, there are other shapes, opening up the possibility of just having sections of your ceiling which light up, or low-profile surface mounted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back