Bathroom Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Can some clarify the zone inside the bath, but on the ceiling. We may need to put a light in this location but i'm unsure as to it's zone - it's 'inside' the bath so could be zone 0/1 but would be above 2.25m so could be zone 2 or old zone 3?

If the latter zones, I guess anything above IPx4 would be OK.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
t2565752.jpg

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:bathroom-zones

Thanks BAS. I did read that but just wanted to make sure there is nothing specific to the ceiling area directly above the bath/shower head.

As a follow up to this, in relation to the actual light fitting, does anyone know what 2D bulbs are like as i'm thinking of using them.

As they're energy efficient I don't want them to take a minute or 2 to get to full whack, not in a bathroom!

Sponsored Links
2DI like them if your looking for good practical light and arent worried about does it make the room look good. So downlighters give the magazine effect but some would argue about their effectiveness. They are expensive to run. 2D''S unlikely to get your bathroom pictured in a magazine but good light and cheap to run.

I have found that they all take a bit of time to get to full brightness but Philips 2D's start up quite bright then reach full light in about 10 secs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back