Bathroom Plumbing Clarification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Could somebody please help me, I just want somebody to check that I am doing the right thing when plumbing in my bathroom. I am comfortable making joints cutting pipes etc, no leaks, just want to check I am doing it right, things in the right place. Please be gentle on me.

I have been trying to get somebody into do it for the last 4-6 weeks, but the local plumbers seem unwilling to return my calls or can not do it for some time. With a baby due in 6 weeks and a tiler booked for 4 weeks, I must resort to doing it myself. Anybody in East Ayrshire who wants to make some nice cash in the next couple of weeks, then let me know.

I am replacing the bath, sink and toilet. They are going in the same places as before. No problem doing all that.

The one thing I want to check is the bath side of things as I want to add a wall flush mounted non-thermostatic mixer shower. How do I go about plumbing this in?

I have 22mm pipes feeding the hot (un-vented cylinder) and cold (mains fed) to the bath. Can I just install new pipes (plastic with compresion fittings? Not sure about push fit) from the exiting T-joints under the bath to feed the mixer shower at the other end? At the same time taking new T-joints from these new pipes to feed the bath taps (flexible tap connectors, fixed pipe)? Should I use 22mm to the shower, using a reducer closer to the shower? How should I secure the pipes, to the bath, lying on the floor, on wooden supports, etc?

It would be so much easier if the shower could be at the tap end but there is a window at that end and so it is not possible to put up a shower screen. The wife is not keen on shower curtains, not so keen myself. We do not want to turn the bath around as then your head would be at the same end as the toilet.

As I say I just want to check what the pro-way/right-way is to go about it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back