Bathroom power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bath/spa pump. The cable coming out of the pump is normal blu/brn/grnyel. I have a suitable rated spur from a suitable circuit. With what do I connect these up, it being a wet area and all?

Sponsored Links
With something which is not inside the bathroom.

Not quite sure what you mean. Do you already have a fused/switched spur unit in a different room which will supply the power? Is the pump enclosed beneath the bath, so that you can make the connection to the power in an area not part of the bathroom. or as the regs roughly say, in an enclosed are requiring tools to get access?

Yes, the fused and switched spur is in a different room. The output from this goes into the bathroom (yet to be plastered). The blower is designed to fit underneath the bath. It can't be a normal plug otherwise it would've come with one fitted.

So I wondered how to connect my spur and my blower together.

Sponsored Links
is the area under the bath only accessible with the use of a tool?
if so then you can just put a normal junction box under the bath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back