Bathroom pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a "normal" vented system. I have redone my bathroom with wall mounted mixers. Once everything was connected it became apparent that the pressure was not great so I connected the bath mixer up to the power shower and it seems ok. The basin mixer although being 22mm for all but the last 2 meters doesn't have great pressure under the gravity system which I retained for the basin. The bath mixer's pressure is ok now that it is connected to the power shower.
Ideally though, I would prefer to get rid of the power connection as it makes a noise. I see two options for this......

1) Go back to the gravity system and make improvements. The original gravity system was as follows....... The cold water connection to the mixer was 15mm at mains pressure. The gravity hot water feed was through a 22mm pipe which reduced to 15mm at the mixer to allow for the 1/2 inch connection to the mixer through a male iron. From the mixer I had a 1/2 inch male iron to a 15mm pipe for around a meter to get to the bath filler. At the time I thought that there was only one connection point to the filler, but on closer inspection and after a chat with a helpful plumber I met in the Q at screwfix it has become apparent that there is a blanking plug on the filler which I could remove which would allow 2 connections to the filler. From the 1/2 inch male iron at the mixer, I could go straight up to 22mm for the one meter then introduce a reducing T giving me two 15mm pipes to the two connections on the bath filler.
Do you think this will help significantly. Bear in mind that the system before my mixers was gravity and mains and I had no problem with the pressure.
PS - is it a problem using 15mm mains cold water and the described gravity fed hot water to the mixer?

2) Convert the entire system to mains pressure. I like the idea of this. What is involved?

Thanks for all the help

Sponsored Links
without reading all that it sounds like you've fitted high pressure taps to low pressure system.

what does the mi's say the min pressure for the taps is ?

2) Convert the entire system to mains pressure. I like the idea of this. What is involved?

before you get carried away :LOL:

you need to check your incoming pressure and flowrate

assuming this is ok

you go unvented or combi :idea:

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb....what is involved for both. What do you suggest. How much would it cost me to do myself? Not looking to spend a fortune, but am getting quite good with the blow-torch, flux and solder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back