Bathroom project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a major bathroom redesign coming up. Only in the very early stages of planning at the moment, so I thought I'd bat some ideas around on here.

The aim of the project is three fold;

1. renew the circa 1930's bathroom suite which is a little past it's best - will a modern suite last this long?
2. Give us room to fit a shower over the bath - can't practically do it with the bath in it's current location.
3. Allow a 'sun pipe' to be routed to the room directly below - It needs to run down the wall where the bath is currently fitted.

My main concern at the moment is moving the loo - I need to move it about 1.5-2 metres from the current location. I figure I'll need 2" extra fall on the soil pipe. I can't lower the pipe exit to the stack as we've got an extension in the way so that meant raising the loo or the entire floor. Not all that much of a problem, but it'll mean a step in the bathroom. Would this look silly? How have others dealt with moving toilets?

Any advice at this early stage of planning and considering would be most welcome.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Are you moving the toilet across, if so why would you need to raise the floor?

There are calculations on what the fall of waste pipes should be, but as long as it is slightly on the p*ss and the the waste flows away nicely without running out full bore which can cause self siphonage, it's ok. So why would you need to raise the floor?

And a modern bathroom suite will last as long as you look after it. With a bathroom suite, you get what you pay for. Appliances such as siphons, float valves and tap washers may need changing / fixing but I don't see why the suite wouldn't last very long.

And in my opinion I think a step into the bathroom would look really silly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back