Bathroom rad needs bleeding every other day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as in the title,

i am having to bleed the bathroom rad every other day, it is the second rad in the system. The pump is not sucking in via the open vent (did jam jar test) and it is not pumping over either. The pump is on speed 1 so not cavitating i dont think.

the tell tale sign of needing to bleed it, is a trickling sound in that rad.
any ideas as to what may be causing it?

C-Plan system
Grundfos 15-50 selectric pump
glow-worm Space saver mk2 40br
22mm main piping, 15mm to upstairs rads

Sponsored Links
If the radiator is in the negative pressure part of the circuit it can be possible for air to be drawn in via "micro leaks"... holes or poorly sealed compression fittings that... that are too smalll to allow water to leak out but which are big enough to let air in.

Another possibility is that there is no inhibitor in the system, and the "air" is actually the gaseous products of corrosion. This includes H2S which smells of rotten eggs. It's also inflammable and will burn if lit with a match! From the rate you are having to bleed though, I wouldn't think it would build up that fast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back