bathroom radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, the radiator in the bathroom of my rental property is not working at all (others are fine). A local company checked it and said possible blockage. Recommended replacing TRV and attempting to restore flow. They originally quoted £198+vat.

Then they visited and came back with the report:
"Supplied and installed replacement thermostatic radiator valve, run/pumped pipework to attempt to clear, still no flow. Pipework must be blocked at manifold/pipe reduction point. We would need to charge your hourly rate of £55 per hour plus materials plus VAT to investigate further. We would hope this to take 3-6 hours."

I am concerned that it could cost me hundreds of pounds and still not solving the problem. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Presume it’s grey plastic pipe ? Blocked pipes tend to block at the valves or at the point they tee into the main run .

If all others work fine, I’d say it’s not blocked imo. Possible balancing issue (has it been removed recently?), possibly a kink if plastic piping, do any of the pipes get hot?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back