Bathroom Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am not sure if I am posting in the correct place -I posted it in plumbing but it was suggested it might be better here so here goes

I am redoing 2 bathrooms and want underfloor heating (probably electric)

In my last place we put down devi-mat and to be honest I didn't think much of it

Now it could have been faulty or badly laid (variable cold spots on the floor) but I am wondering if there is " gold standard" make of underfloor heating to be used ??
Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
If its electric heating you are looking for then the plumbing forum wont be much help.!

If there are cold spots then it wasnt laid properly.

There's quite a few makers. Some have the element already stuck on a grid, others have a wire that you staple onto the floor.

Warmup is not too bad.

Thanks TTC-I guess I hadn't thought it through as to which forum to post on!

I wondered what the advantages of electric underfloor heating compared to "wet" UF heating is ??

Taylortwocities said:
If there are cold spots then it wasnt laid properly.

yup, underfloor heating can be great, or cr@p. Install it properly and you'll never have problems. I've seen some really bad attempts.

Sponsored Links
with either if it goes wrong, up comes the floor, what do you mean the tiles got broken?

have a rad and slippers, much easier

The tiles were fine-it was just that the heat wasn't consistent across the floor-some nice warm toasty tiles, some were cold

I know what you're saying but boy it is lovely.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back