Batteries again, not using cars.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I could not find the long extension lead, and been waiting since 10th March when I became 70 for my new licence, so cars not used.

So I carried the 12 Ah battery pack to the car with a 95 Ah battery and plugged in the charger, but 12 into 95 goes 8 times, so it would need the battery pack recharging 8 times to fully recharge the battery.

So further hunting and found wife had my extension lead, so now charging from mains.

But 2.5 hours approx to discharge the 12 Ah battery, and around 3 hours to recharge to 90%, so it would have taken around 4 days. Glad I found the lead.

But what are the other options, did try a small solar panel, it did not do very well, and a 95 Ah battery is heavy, not sure I want to carry it up the hill, and not sure what will happen to radio if disconnected from battery?

Think cure is either new extension lead, or drive without physical licence, it says rule 88 if valid application I can drive, but how does one know if application is valid until the licence arrives? Seems their on strike, so can't get through on phone or internet chat.

Sponsored Links
Back